Rachel Renee Hornbuckle
Belle of the Ball Foundation - Making Prom Dreams Come True
Prom is one of the highlights of a young girl’s high school experience. And it is one that calls for a knock-out dress that sets her apart as the most attractive young woman at the gathering. But as formal season approaches, there are countless girls who are unable to afford a dress. The “Belle of the Ball” project was created by Rachel Hornbuckle so that all girls would be able to have a beautiful dress for their special evening. Having experienced her own life challenges, she knows the challenges that can arise sometimes when making these dreams come true. It is her belief that no young girl should have to have the stress of knowing how that night will come to life. No matter the reason or need, the important thing is that their prom dreams come true!
It is the goal of the Belle of the Ball foundation that all of the dresses are free of charge. And that everyone on their special night feels like the Belle of the Ball!
- Dresses can be any size but must be in good shape and only "gently worn".
- New or fairly new, gently worn prom, homecoming, cocktail, bridesmaids, and party dresses. Plus size dresses needed.
- Remember these dresses are for high school girls. Dresses should be no more than 3-4 years old so that they are still trendy and in style.
- We do not accept dresses with broken zippers, rips, holes, tears or ones with permanent stains.
- We also do not accept wedding dresses.
- Shoes, jewelry, purses, and accessories are accepted.
You qualify for a free dress if you fit any the following criteria: You have a need!!!
We also take referrals from:
Church or Civic Organization.
- School Social Worker, Guidance Counselor, or Community Involvement Personnel.
- Family Financial Difficulties.
- No referral letter necessary.
We have sizes 0 – 24.
We highly respect the Honor System during our distributions
Teen must be present to receive a free dress!